Savin Kuk (2313 m) is one of the most recognized, photographed and most visited peaks on Durmitor.
The Dormitory massif consists of 48 peaks exceeding 2000 m above sea level, including Savin Kuk (2313 m) as one of the most beautiful ones.
Apart from being known for its ski resort and a cable car reaching hundred meters below the top of Savin Kuk, this region offers various sights and is covered in snow for 120 days a year. Another landmark of this region - Savina Voda is the highest spring on this mountain massif.
Overview of the tour
- Our starting point is the parking lot located below the ski resort. Climbing up the left side of the cable car we will reach the spring of Savina Voda (2212m).
According to the legend, this sight was created thanks to the miracle of Saint Sava, who enabled the appearance of water by drawing a cross on the ground. Till today, people believe that the water spring Savina Voda has power. Each year, on Ilindan - August 2nd, people are going to Savina Voda water spring with chair lift or by walk with faith that this water will give them happiness, health and spiritual peace and bless. People put this water in the bottles and save it till next year.
- After reaching the spring, we continue our walk to Savin Kuk.
At Savin Kuk, we will have the opportunity to enjoy stunning views over one of the most beautiful locations in the area of the Durmitor National Park: the Durmitor glacier (Velika Kalica), the peaks of Veliki and Mali Međed, Crno Lake (Black Lake), etc.
- A brake to recharge energy.
- After a break at the top, we will start our descent to Crno Lake (1416 m above sea level) which takes around 2 hours.
- Back to meeting point.
- Beautiful views
- Stunning peaks
- UNESCO protected Durmitor National Park
- Mountain nature
- Endemic flora species
What is included
- English-speaking guide
- Lunch package
- Durmitor National Park tax
- Transfer from Žabljak