Stabanska Lakes (Big and Small), are named after the village called Stabna, of which they are only 4.5 km away. The Big Stabanjsko Lake lies at 1,319 m above sea level, and the Small Lake lies at 1,194 m above sea level.
The magnificent canyons of the Piva, Tara, Komarnica and Vrbnica rivers – the peaks of Bioč, Maglić, and Golija mountains – the fascinating Trnovačko and Pivsko mountain lakes – all this makes the Piva region among the favorite rural escapes in Montenegro!
Overview of the tour
- We begin the hiking tour in the village of Stabna, 15km away from Plužine. A solid 4.5km trail leads us through unspoiled nature, arriving first at the Small Stabanjska Lake (1,194m).
- Big Stabanjska Lake (1,325m) - with photo opportunities along the way. The Stabanjska lakes are sheltered by the mountain peaks of Bioč, whose slopes are busy with dense green deciduous and pine forests.
- From the Big Stabanjska Lake, we continue our onward hike to the picturesque Katun of Kručica for a refreshment break. In close vicinity is the Zemunica water source, giving us ice-cold water fresh from the mountain, overlooked by the ’stećci’ medieval cemetery.
- The hiking tour ends with a photo break at the waterfall of the Vrbnica river, the largest tributary of the Piva river.
- Back to meeting point.
- Beautiful views, mountain peaks, old huts, wild horses
- Stabna village
- Big and Small Stabanjska Lakes
- Vrbnica waterfall
- Photoshoot opportunity
- Bring at least 1l of water
- Sun cream and hat are recommended
What is included
- Professional English-speaking guide