Bjelasica mountain is fore sure one of the most beautiful mountain ranges of Montenegro.
It belongs to the central continental region of Montenegro and is known for its richness of forest, running waters and the fact that its highest mountain peaks are easily accessible. Unlike other mountains in this region, the Bjelasica Mountain is of volcanic origin. The waters flow into numerous streams and rivers including Biogradska Rijeka as the most important and beautiful one.
Biogradsko Lake - the pearl of this mountain, is a popular tourist attraction visited by a large number of people every year. The highest peak of Bjelasica is Crna glava (Black head) 2,139 meters high.
Overview of the tour
- We pass by the ski center Kolašin 1600 and start our adventure!
- The ride takes us to Katun Vranjak 1740 m above sea level. A katun is a small mountain village made of huts inhabited by shepherds in the summer.
- You will have a view over the highest mountain peeks (Troglav, Zekova glava and Crna glava). During this tour we'll visit popular lookouts and enjoy views over Pešića, Šiško, Ursulovac and Biogradsko lakes.
- Lunch time - at local Katun Dolevi Lalevića where you have the opportunity to taste traditional Montenegrin cuisine.
- We take a break and descend trough the beautiful rainforest to Biograd lake. A special charm to this area is given by the rainforest, which covers 1,600 hectares - it is one of the last three rainforests in Europe. This natural reservation preserves dozens of plant and hundreds of animal species, which can only be found in this place in entire Europe.
Although it is the smallest of four National Parks in Montenegro, National Park Biogradska Gora contains diversity of flora and fauna. There are 26 different habitats of plants with 220 different plants, 150 kinds of birds and 86 kinds of trees.
- Back to starting point.
- Exploring hidden trails of Bjelasica mountain and its surrounding
- Magnificent mountain landscapes
- Beautiful views
- Amazing nature
- Kachamak - traditional dish
- Villages and local products
- Biograd rainforest and lake
- In case of bad weather conditions, the tour can be delayed or canceled. In the case of cancellation, you will be offered another date with proper weather conditions.
- Tour suitable for all ages
What is included
- Professional english-speaking guide
- National park fees