As one of the largest cave monuments in Montenegro, Lipa cave is a must-see on your visit to Montenegro!
It is the first and only cave in Montenegro accessible for group visits.
With its beautiful and wild system of 2.5 km of passages and halls, various renowned explorers from the 19th century left written documents regarding the cave’s existence and its abundance in cave ornaments.
If you are looking for a unique, richer and deeper experience, take the extreme option and conquer the heart of the cave!
- Price per person 60€
Overview of the tour
- In preparation for the tour, visitors are equipped with all necessary safety equipment, which includes a helmet, lamp and boots.
- You will take a short tourist train ride to the cave entrance. The ride offers spectacular views of Dobrsko village, Skadar Lake, and the Lovćen mountain range.
- Use your complimentary guide book to learn interesting facts about the cave, with the support of an experienced guide, who will lead you through its many corridors and halls. The playful and ornate stalagmite and stalactite formations have made everlasting impressions on visitors since the cave opened for public tours in 2015.
- Enter via rope at the Jamski entrance, at 30m from the cave floor. Descend into the cave, exploring its halls, corridors and natural wonder, accompanied by an experienced tour guide.
- Return to the parking lot via carriage.
Located just 33km from Budva, 35km from Podgorica and 5km from Cetinje, the 8-12 degree temperature within the cave is stark difference to its continental and Mediterranean surroundings so make sure to bring a thin jacket if visiting during summer.
Cave tour schedule: 10:00, 11:30, 13:00, 14:30, 16:00
- Experienced, English-speaking guide
- Picturesque natural formations
- Stalactites and stalagmites
- Cave tour schedule: 10:00, 11:30, 13:00, 14:30, 16:00
- Family ticket applies to children under the age of 15 years
- Visitors must sign a Health & Safety waiver before the tour
What is included
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Basic accident insurance
- Ride on tourist train