Day Tour to NP Lovćen and Lipa Cave
Let us take you on a breathtaking tour to a special place in the heart of all Montenegrins. A full day visit to National Park Lovćen is almost mandatory during your trip to Montenegro!
On this Lovćen full day tour you'll get to experience and see the whole Boka Bay from above, hear more about the historical background of Royal Capital Cetinje, visit the Mausoleum of Njegoš and the largest cave monument in Montenegro - Lipa cave.
Join our one day guided tour to Lovćen and Lipa cave, starting from Podgorica with options to join from Budva and Kotor.
Overview of the tour
Part 1 - Boka Bay panoramic view
We start from Podgorica and head on a 2h drive via Budva to Kotor. We drive up to Njeguši village through the famous 25 serpentines and make a quick coffee break in a place with the most magical view over Boka Bay!
Part 2 - National park Lovćen and Njegoš Mausoleum
The trip continues towards National Park Lovćen. The national park encompasses the central and the highest part of the mountain massif and covers an area of 62.20 km2. It was proclaimed as national park in 1952. This region is rich in natural landscapes, historical significance, cultural and architectural heritage. We will visit the Mausoleum of Njegoš located 1657m above sea level (part of the Lovćen Mountain). You will get the chance to learn about its history, and enjoy magical views from the top after you climb the famous 461 stairs.
Part 3 - Visit to Cetinje Monastery
We head further to Cetinje Monastery - the most important sight in Cetinje. It is located in the Royal Capital, founded in the XV century and represents the center of Montenegrin culture. The Monastery was built in 1484 by Ivan Crnojević, and keeps one of the greatest Christian relics, one of them being the right hand of St. John the Baptist.
Part 4 - Lipa cave visit and lunch
Lipa cave is the largest cave monument in Montenegro and the only cave sight open for visits. The playful and ornate stalagmite and stalactite formations have left everlasting impressions on visitors since the cave opened for public tours in 2015. After we visit Lipa cave we’ll make a lunch stop at the well known national restaurant "Belveder". Departure to Podgorica via same route.
- Panoramic views of Boka Bay
- Mountain landscapes
- The Mausoleum of Njegoš
- Christian relics
- Historical background of the Cetinje Monastery
- Lipa cave
- National Park Lovćen
- The tour includes groups up to 18 people maximum
- Final confirmation and full payment is needed 30 days prior to start
- After confirmation guests will receive a voucher and detailed itinerary of the tour
- Cancelation policy: if canceled 15 to 7 days prior to start, a 50% cancelation fee applies. For cancelations less than 7 days prior to start, a 100% cancelation fee will be charged.
- In case of bad weather conditions, the tour may be delayed or canceled
- You can join the tour from Podgorica, Budva or Kotor
- Please contact us for a private tour
What is included
- Modern comfortable van with professional driver
- English-speaking guide
- Ticket for Lipa cave
- National park ticket
- One drink at the panoramic café