Visit the clearest, most beautiful, wild mountain river in Montenegro – known as the ’Tear of Europe’.
The Tara River Canyon is up to 1,330m deep, making it the deepest canyon in Europe and second deepest in the world, after Colorado. For the most part, it is located in Durmitor National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1980 and a geological, hydrological and biological phenomenon.
Tara is also one of Europe’s last remaining unpolluted river, allowing adventurers to drink from it freely as they descend its rapids!
Overview of the tour
- A one-day rafting experience along the Tara River takes you through the center of the Durmitor National Park. The 12km long route begins at Drugi Logor.
- The day includes raftinh, lunch and entry to the National Park.
- Each raft is accompanied by a licensed guide to navigate and coach participants. All necessary rafting and safety equipment is provided by us, including sterilized neoprene wetsuits and boots, a safety helmet and a life vest.
- The raft along Tara River takes approx. 1.30-2 hours.
- Lunch at the Suza Evrope restaurant (fish or meat menu per choice) is where we finish off the day and share our experiences, while overlooking the impressive monument to Yugoslav architecture – the Đurđevića Tara Bridge.
- Participants may also take a ride on the zip line before departure at additional cost.
Group size: minimum rafters per boat: 2
maximum rafters per boat: 10
- Outstanding natural beauty
- Europe’s deepest canyon
- Architecture of Đurdjevića Tara Bridge
- Experienced skippers and excellent equipment
- Optional zip line over the second deepest canyon in the world
- Ljutica, the shortest river in Europe
- The National Park tickets can also be used for visiting Black lake or Durmitor ring
- The duration of the tour is approximately 3 hours but can be shorter depending on the season and the level of water
- Participants must bring a swimming suit
- Participants should confirm their height, weight and shoe size ahead of the tour
What is included
- Transport to and from pick-up location
- All National Park fees and taxes
- Visit to the Ljutica River, the shortest river in Europe
- Neoprene wetsuit
- Life vest
- Anorak jacket provided for colder weather
- Lunch (optional)
- Breaks for swimming or photo session