ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT ZIPLINE IN MONTENEGRO
Looking for an adrenaline-fueled adventure in Montenegro? Look no further than ziplining! Montenegro is quickly becoming one of the most popular destinations for adventure seekers, and ziplining is a must-try activity for anyone looking for an adrenaline-fueled experience. Two of the best spots to experience this thrilling activity are on the Tara River and Piva Lake. The Tara River zipline offers stunning views of the deepest canyon in Europe, while the Piva Lake zipline offers the chance to zip over crystal-clear water.
This blog post will provide everything you need to know about zipline in Montenegro.
WHAT IS ZIPLINE AND IS IT DANGEROUS
WHERE CAN I TRY ZIPLINE IN MONTENEGRO?
Two of the best spots to experience this thrilling activity are on the Tara River and Piva Lake.
The Tara River zipline offers stunning views of the deepest canyon in Europe, while the Piva Lake zipline offers the chance to zip over crystal-clear water.
The 1050 m Tara River zipline is located in the heart of the Durmitor National Park, which is known for its stunning mountain scenery. The zipline starts from a height of 115 meters and takes you on a thrilling ride over the deepest canyon in Europe and the second deepest canyon in the world. This zipline is considered as the fastest in Europe (120 km/h!) and is the longest in Montenegro. The zipline is open from April to November, and it’s suitable for adults and children over 12 years old.
The views from the zipline are simply breathtaking, and it’s an experience you’ll never forget!
Here is what you need to know about zipline on Tara:
- no previous experience is needed to participate
- the meeting point for the zipline tour is on Djurdjevica Tara bridge (you should be there at least 15 minutes before the start)
- the meeting point can be reached by public buses from Žabljak
- booking is very flexible and can be done last minute
- the duration od the zipline is about 2.5 minutes
- the starting point for the zipline is also the meeting point for rafting tours so you can combine these activities in one day (rafting tours on Tara)
Piva Lake zipline takes you over the crystal-clear waters of Piva Lake, the largest artificial lake in Montenegro. The zipline in the town of Plužine reaches a maximum height of 50 meters above the water and is the longest zip line in Montenegro.
Your adventure begins at the Eko Piva Inn in Plužine, where experienced instructors will meet you. After some short instructions you will be made ready for your first exciting flight over Piva Lake. An instructor will be waiting for you on the other side of the shore and will help you take the best photos possible during a short break. The excitement continues with another zip line all the way to your final destination next to the Great Bridge on Piva Lake. If you don’t want to walk back to the Inn, our driver will take you back to the starting location by car in just a few minutes.
The zipline is open from May to November depending on the weather conditions and is suitable for adults and children over 10 years old.
More information about Piva Lake zipline:
- Cable length: 1,400m
- Speed: Max 90km/h
- Height: Starting point c.750m above Piva lake
- Duration: approx. 10min
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE YOUR FIRST ZIPLINE
- A helmet is to protect your head from falling objects and aerial obstacles like leaves, birds or branches. Zip lining centers will provide you with a range of sizes and they are usually pretty lightweight.
- Gloves are an important piece of equipment that will protect your hands, especially during braking.
- A rider who’s too light might inadvertently stop in the middle of the zip line, making for a less than optimal experience. Riders who are too heavy may hit the landing platform too quickly.
- You can bring a mountable camera to capture your zip lining experience.
- Opt for close-toed shoes and avoid accessories and garments (like scarves, hats, and long necklaces) that could get tangled in the zip-line trolley or fly off.
HOW TO BOOK YOUR ZIPLINE
The easiest way to book your zipline adventure in Montenegro is to send us an inquiry through our booking form with preferred date and time as well as number of people.
On our website www.balkanadventure.me you will find various activities for active holidays in Montenegro.
Visit our page 1050m Tara zipline to check all the details, what is included/ not included in the price. You will find more information about zipline on Piva lake on the following page – Piva Lake zipline 1400m
The price for Tara zipline is 30€ per person, 35€ for the zipline on Piva. Bigger groups can request a discounted price.