Piva Nature Park Boat Tour
Hardly anyone who doesn't know, would think that Piva Lake is artificial. However, the lake, which covers an area of 12.5 square kilometers and reaches a length of 45 kilometers, was created in 1976. for the needs of the hydroelectric power plant "Piva" and the partitioning of the Piva canyon.
At that time, new Plužine was built, the inhabitants moved out of the old - the first Plužine "up above the bay", but the memories remained. Almost all buildings were demolished before the sinking, except for the Piva Monastery (built between 1573 and 1586) which was moved , stone by stone, for 13 years to a new higher location. Piva lake is the biggest artificial lake in Montenegro.
Key words: Piva Nature Park, Piva boat tours, Plužine tours
30€ per person (15€ optional lunch)
Option for a longer 3-hour tour is possible (40€ per person )
A discount for bigger groups applies.
Overview of the tour
- The adventure begins with a brief introduction to the creation of Piva Lake led by the guide. As a local, he will tell you about the old and new town of Plužine as also many interesting facts and legends related to Piva region.
- The tour offers spectacular views over the Piva lake, famous for its beautiful color, and the surrounding mountains.
- Oteša cave - is probably one of the highlights of the tour but is not always accessible due to changing water level. If you are fit enough to climb up to the top (attention needed) you will enjoy fantastic views of the lake!
- Enjoy a swimming break - the depth of the lake goes up to 180 meters, the average depth being between 70 and 120 meters.
- The Piva Dam, which holds 880 million cubic meters of water, is 220 meters high and is among the highest in the world.
- Optional lunch at the well-known restaurant Zvono - with its unique interior, long family tradition, tasty food and homemade blueberry juice and rakija.
- Untouched nature
- Spectacular lake views
- Swimming break
- Largest artificial lake in Montenegro
- Lunch at restaurant 'Zvono' is optional
- Make sure you wear comfortable clothes and shoes
- A hat, swimsuit and sunscreen are recommended
- Cancelation policy: 50% if the service is canceled 7-15 days prior to the start; 100% if canceled 7 or less days before the day of service
What is included
- English-speaking guide