The Tara Canyon even called the “Tear of Europe” takes pride in being Europe´s longest canyon. This spectacular canyon is about 80 km long and more than 1300 meters deep, and is a UNESCO world heritage site.
As a geological, hydrological and biological phenomenon, Tara is also one of Europe’s last remaining unpolluted rivers, allowing adventurers to drink from it freely as they descend its rapids.
Overview of the tour
- A 10 AM start at Šćepan Polje, gives us time to meet our skippers and other rafters over a rich breakfast at a riverfront restaurant.
- At around 11am, we prepare our equipment, which includes neoprene suits and boots, safety belts and helmets. Participants can bring their cameras and mobile phones which are stored in a safe waterproof bag.
- The adventure begins at 11am with a ride to Brstanovica, the rafting starting point. This will be followed by a brief from the skipper, before commencing the first miles of the rafting experience at around 11:30am. Rafters put their rowing skills to the test, through the restless Vjernovic, Borovi, Varda, and Čegrlo rapids, before resting in the calm of many tranquil pools.
- The raft is 16 km long.
- We take a break to appreciate the unique landscape and waterfalls, have a photo break and even take a dip in the crystal clear (but cool!) waters.
- We end at 4pm with a well-deserved lunch of hearty Montenegrin cuisine - homemade stew, salad and a fish or meat menu per choice (vegetarian options available)
- Outstanding natural beauty
- Europe’s deepest canyon
- Adrenalin rush through the rapids
- Waterfall views
- Photo shoot breaks
- Hearty, traditional breakfast and lunch
- Participants must bring a swimming suit
- Participants should confirm their height, weight and shoe size ahead of the tour
- Tours may be delayed or cancelled in the event of poor weather conditions
What is included
- Transport to and from pick-up location
- All National Park fees and taxes
- Free parking
- Breakfast and lunch (coffee or tea per choice)
- Neoprene wetsuit
- Life vest
- Anorak jacket provided for colder weather
- Breaks for swimming and photo session